Head Visual Merchandiser
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Visual Merchandising Manager. Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in the United Kingdom, Sweden and online. We are committed recyclers dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage clothing to our fashion forward customers in our unique large foot print stores and online. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
Be a part of the team...
The Head of Visual Merchandising will work closely with the Creative Content Coordinator ensuring a seamless creative narrative across all customer touch points. Part store and part office based you will also work closely with buyers, designers and press, and you will report directly to Area Manager.
This is an amazing role that combines exceptional organisational skills and commercial awareness with theatrical flair. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining commercial standards as well as interpreting, designing and coordinating the visual themes across all Brick & Mortar stores.The role is part store based and part field as you are responsible for merchandising your own store as well as overseeing the visual merchandising and commercial standards for all UK stores. Using your own store as a Model store you will be responsible for ensuring the team deliver fantastic visual theatre across our UK and Sweden stores. You will organise and execute product placement and standards to maximise the commerciality of the product. You will monitor and analyse sales, and plan, organise and execute theme changes on a monthly basis.
You will be...
- Ensuring our company purpose and vision is supported through in store display.
- Working with the Store Managers, Product Team and Visual Team to proactively drive sales through innovative display and exceptional retail standards
- Providing staff training
- Working with store Managers in optimising in-store space and floor layout Interpreting the Creative Themes provided by the creative content manager for the stores 6 months in advance
- Designing, building and buying props
- Visiting stores on a regular basis to monitor and provide feedback of the displays
- Assisting in the design, layout and building of new stores and trade fairs
Working at Beyond Retro...
- You will be eligible for a 50% discount in stores and 20% Online
- Have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- Be able to develop your skills with workshops provided by our in-house Learning & Development manager
- A vintage/fashion/trend addict
- A clear communicator
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- An eye for detail with a clear view of the big picture
- Commercially savvy and experienced on the shop floor
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, telling us why you would be suitable for the role, plus your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org