Reporting to: Ecommerce Manager
FT/PT: Full time
Location: Hoxton, London
We are looking for a mid-weight Graphic Designer to join our team.
Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in the United Kingdom, Sweden and online. We are committed recyclers dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage clothing to our fashion forward customers in our unique large scale stores and online. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
BE A PART OF THE TEAM...
You will be joining a unique creative hub. You will work closely with the Ecommerce Manager and Marketing Manager to ensure the brand is strongly and consistently represented offline and online across multiple regions.
You will be based in our central london (N1) head office which is located under the same roof as the Buying, Press, Ecommerce and Design departments, this means you’ll be able to contribute to all areas of the company.
You will will have a passion for branding, design and trends, with experience in POS, packaging and digital design - as well as an outstanding portfolio. You will create assets for the stores, advertising, packaging and drive all assets and ongoing design improvements to the Beyond Retro website.
You will bring your own ideas and creativity to really drive the Beyond Retro brand, taking it into the future and making your own mark on the business.
- Ensure consistency of creative/brand message across multiple platforms and regions.
- Create brand assets appropriate to different regions, appealing to different customer types and aesthetic preferences, whilst maintaining cohesive brand identity and tone.
- Continue to build The Brands’ creative reputation through developing innovative, highly creative graphics.
- Creation of all brand assets, including but not limited to; in store, event, packaging, billboard and digital assets.
- Design all website landing pages, emails and social artwork
- Develop graphics to support The Brand’s identity
- Understand, protect and drive the brand values and guidelines
- Ensure consistency of creative/brand message to support all areas of the business including Retail operations, Buying and Merchandising, property, Internal communications and Human Resources.
- Internal brand communications to drive customer understanding, motivate and ensure internal cohesive messaging.
- Prepare work to artwork stage ready for print - large-scale, small-scale and point of sale.
- Realising and implementing the ideas of the Design Teams.
- Implement the Design critical path from conception to delivery.
WORKING AT BEYOND RETRO...
- You will be eligible for a 50% discount in stores
- Have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- Be able to develop your skills with workshops provided by our in-house Learning & Development Manager
- Minimum 2 years experience in commercial a graphic design role.
- Experience designing, building and testing website landing pages
- Shopify Plus or other ecommerce CMS (Wordpress, Magento for example)
- A basic knowledge / experience of HTML beneficial
- Experience designing for and building within HTML email marketing platforms preferred.
- Advanced level Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using After effects is a plus.
- UX design experience beneficial.
- Strong layout and typography skills.
- A good communicator who is able to manage cross departmental relations ensuring high service levels are provided.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders with tight timelines.
- Ability to produce quick turn-around projects and happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Aware of emerging technologies and how they can be utilized for Beyond Retro.
- Experience in project management and ability to manage own workload.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diplomatic and forthcoming with ideas.
- A first class communicator.
- Interest in vintage or sustainable fashion desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please email covering letter and CV to email@example.com.