Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage and Retro Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. Beyond Retro is dedicated to bringing high quality, fantastic vintage garments and accessories to its fashion forward, savvy customers. Our aim is to be a leader in building a global vintage community – not just a place to shop, but a place of knowledge and expertise about vintage fashion history, fabric and trends.
We are seeking a Merchandising Manager whose main responsibility will be to deliver a multi-channel merchandising strategy across Beyond Retro’s three main product lines, vintage, in house label and bought in product. The successful candidate will have forecasting, merchandising, and team management experience in a relevant fashion apparel domain.
If this job suits your experience and you are self-motivated, flexible, very organized, detail-oriented, a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure – we would like to talk to you about this opportunity. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on teamwork to deliver great product and customer experiences.
- Delivering the multi-channel merchandising strategy, including plans and forecasts for UK and international brick and mortar and eCommerce retail
- Coordinating the multi product offering across vintage, in house label and bought in product
- Ensuring in-season activity delivers planned sales and stock targets
- Weekly reporting to explain performance, identify issues and trends
- Interpreting results and providing sound recommendations to executive team to protect/maximize profit
- Creating sales and markdown plans
- Performance analysis across different stores to ensure correct product and line mix is achieved
- Working closely with distribution teams to manage stock mix
- Delivering on business KPIs
- Liaising regularly with suppliers to ensure deliveries are on time and in line with company requirements
- Delivering the seasonal planning, in-season stock management and open to buy processes through effective WSSI control
- Controlling the OTB (WSSI) review process
- Coordinating multiple lines across multiple channels ensure all lines are within brand
- Close working relationship with the Head of Global Production
The Ideal Candidate
Educated to degree level or equivalent you will currently be operating in a position of Merchandiser or higher with a strong track record of sales and profit growth. As an accomplished manager you will be able to demonstrate excellent people management skills gained at a senior level for a leading retailer. It is essential you have a strong knowledge and experience of planning and forecasting tools and are able to work well under pressure in a fast paced retail head office environment.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, plus your salary expectations to email@example.com