Junior Buyer (Non Vintage)
Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. Beyond Retro is dedicated to bringing high quality fantastic vintage garments and accessories to its fashion forward, savvy customers. Our aim is to be a leader in building a global vintage community – not just a place to shop, but a place of knowledge and expertise about vintage fashion history, fabric and trends.
We are seeking a Junior Buyer who is looking to take ownership of their own department across womens and mens non vintage (new) accessories. Your main responsibility will be building a range of non vintage (new) product that is tailored to our UK and Swedish stores, plus our growing online customer. Your main focus is to buy a range that is trend focused but also complements our existing vintage offer (ie hats, gloves, scarves, sunglasses, jewellery, etc). The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the seasonal buying strategy and management of all seasonal accessories collections.
If this job suits your experience and you are self-motivated, flexible, very organised, detail-oriented, a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure – we would like to talk to you about this opportunity. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on teamwork to deliver great product and customer experiences.
Based in N1, London, the Buyer will be responsible for the following:
- Developing seasonal buying strategy; area of growth, decline, and maintenance for stores and online
- Establish seasonal strategic plan for sales, markdowns, inventory control, growth opportunities and pricing adjustment for the entire season
- Close working relationship with the Merchandiser to collaboratively build the OTB on a seasonal basis
- Budgetary responsibility to meet sales volumes, KPI’s and revenue targets
- Create seasonal assortment plans that meets the needs of the regional markets
- Replenishment of deliveries providing feedback in all milestone meetings
- Management of vendors to ensure that we are working with the right vendors to build our brand assortment
- Negotiate costs that achieve the department sales and meet margin expectations
- Negotiate appropriate buying structures by category, payment terms, packaging and fulfilment methods with suppliers.
- Creation and management of all data entry into our systems
- Perform visits to the shops and report any feedback to cross functional teams ie Product Team, Merchandising team, etc
- Close co-operation with the visual merchandising and press team
- Maintaining awareness of the market trends in the fashion retail industry and monitoring what local vintage and non-vintage competitors are doing
- Generate quarterly reports and recommendations based on an analysis of performance by store.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 1-2+ years working as either a Junior Buyer or as an established Senior Assistant Buyer who is seeking ownership and autonomy of their own department
- Experience of working within the Accessories market is preferable
- Knowledge of working with Own Bought Brands and Wholesale suppliers
- A degree level education or equivalent experience
- Existing network and international experience in the accessories industry; proven knowledge of the UK accessories market
- Strong analytical skills and full understanding of Beyond Retro’s target market
- Strong supplier negotiations skills
- Confidence in communicating with the ability to manage and influence others effectively
- Proven track record in delivering results
- Intermediate / Advance excel skills
If this sounds like you please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!