PR and Marketing Manager
Be part of the team…
Beyond Retro is looking for a PR and Marketing Manager to lead the strategic development, execution and management of the PR, Social & Events strategy to raise the profile of the brand and drive traffic to the stores.
Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in Sweden, United Kingdom and online. We are dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage garments and accessories to our fashion forward customers in our unique large foot print stores and online. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
Based in the company’s Zinkensdamm head office the PR and Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing all in-store marketing events and campaigns, the brand’s Swedish social channels and press and public relations.
You will be expected to:
Strategy & Planning
- Define and implement annual instore marketing strategy and planning updates for all Marketing and Press activity and campaigns for the brick and mortar stores. This includes establishing the budget, analysis of outcomes and ROI assessment.
Brand and Campaign Development
- Produce fresh and innovative marketing campaigns in order to strengthen the brand and drive traffic to all brick and mortar properties, maximizing multi channel exposure. Overseeing the implementation of the annual brick & mortar marketing plan including new store openings, in-store events and key brand and sponsorship initiatives.
- Alongside the Ecommerce Manager you will also be responsible for Co-developing multi channel campaigns and implementing these across the brick & mortar stores in conjunction with online marketing activity.
- Liaising with the buying and in-house design team to identify and facilitate upcoming product launches.
Public Relations and Press
- Develop the strategy and day to day execution of content required for building Press across multiple channels. This will involve liaising with Press in the UK and overseas, overseeing the management of the blogger network, securing product placement, creating press releases, developing and managing media relationships, monitoring and reporting on competitor activity.
Content Creation and Management
- Creating inspirational and sharable content including content for Beyond Retro blogs, magazines, newspapers, Look Books, brochures and website content in cooperation with the E Commerce Manager, Social Media Manager and Creative Content Manager. Managing content contribution from in house experts as well as external content contributors.
- Liaising with the Creative Content Manager to ensure you have suitable press shots for promotions and press releases.
- Facilitating the seeding out of sharable content to online and print publishers.
- Create customer facing activities that are effective, fun and deliver measurable results.
- Collaborate with store managers to promote stores in an unconventional and cost effective manner in order to establish direct contact with the customers and drive traffic to the stores. This includes street marketing and local community and retailer collaborations.
Social Media Management
- Create engaging and shareable content for all Beyond Retro Sweden social platforms, under the guidance of the Social Media Manager.
- Implement the overall brand marketing strategy across all channels, and utilise advertising potential and targeting opportunities for events and promotional activities.
- Liaise with the stores on instagram content creation, ensuring posts follow the brand guidelines, marketing strategy and are uploaded according to social protocol.
- Monitor and record Social Metrics across all platforms and report regularly to the Press and Marketing team, reporting on successes and suggesting improvements where necessary.
Managing the Press Loans
- Oversee the press loans department located at our Zinkensdamm store and grow our long-term relationship with the Stylist community. Ensuring all loans provide maximum exposure and tailoring loans to target specific growth areas.
Budget Control, Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Assess, reconcile, plan costs and advise on annual budgets. Analyse and review past performance of programs and promotions including press analysis for team meetings and monthly reporting requirements
Who will you work with?
Reporting directly to the Global Press and Marketing Manager, you will need to enjoy working collaboratively within a small creative team as this role will work closely with the Social Media Manager, Creative Content Manager, eCommerce Manager and Graphic Designer based in the UK. You will also manage the press loans process which is carried out by the Senior Stylist in the Zinken office.
Because we are a small creative team delivering every part of the marketing strategy you will be required to work at every level. You will excel if you are the kind of person who will happily take the photos, talk to the store teams and customers and genuinely enjoy being an active part of events and promotions.
You will have proven planning and execution skills with the confidence to take on your own projects and help to deliver results through marketing activities. In addition, you will easily demonstrate the following attributes:
- Creative, self-motivated, well organised
- Flexible working hours and able to work well under pressure
- Communicate well both orally and in writing in Swedish and English with a wide range of people
- Experience in gaining Press exposure for a fashion/retail brand
Working at Beyond Retro
- Personal development and training in all aspects of identifying and valuing vintage clothing
- Opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a business dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- 50% discount across all BR stores
You will be required to travel regularly to other Beyond Retro locations.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, plus your salary expectations to
Although being fluent in Swedish is essential for this role please send your application in English