Beyond Retro is dedicated to bringing high quality, fantastic vintage garments and accessories to its fashion forward, savvy customers. Our aim is to be a leader in building a global vintage community – not just a place to shop, but a place of knowledge and expertise about vintage fashion history, fabric and trends.
Beyond Retro Label completely deconstructs and reworks original garments. Our innovative designs modify, alter and recreate existing vintage garments to produce fantastic pieces that our customers love. Our Beyond Retro Label line fulfils an on-trend product demand and allows for new sustainable designs that we are unable to find in our existing vintage supply. Find out more about Our Label here
We are building our team and have a unique opportunity for an experienced hands-on Production Manager who is business focussed and looking to have an impact on the bottom line. You’re analytical, detail oriented and have hands-on experience working together with cross-functional teams, including Merchandising, Design, Raw Material Sourcing and Manufacturing. Your understanding of process improvement and the value it brings will be key to your success in this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the complex critical path of every item through the following processes: planning, development & design, technical specifications, sampling and production (which includes the management of resource schedules and workflow planning).
- Constantly evaluate and support the evolution of the following processes: planning, product development & design, manufacturing, production and raw material sourcing.
- Ensure all database information is updated e.g. product codes, descriptions etc.
- Ensure that the sourcing countries have accurate and timely information about product needed to complete samples and production.
- Analyse sales of product lines and work with the design team to develop seasonal ranges that will drive margin and profitability to meet business goals.
- Manage all costings and margins, confirm order quantities and selling prices and obtain proper approval prior to full production.
- Ensure that the factory allocation is achievable and reflects a commercial mix of product offering.
- Responsible for overseeing the sourcing, purchase and delivery of raw material for production.
- Conduct seasonal audits on all raw material to ensure they conform to expected and agreed standards of price, quality, delivery time.
- Communicate with our Manufacturer on an ongoing basis to advise product changes, additional requirements and quality control of production items.
- Ensure that the range plan is delivered on time.
- Ensure all factories have the labels and trims required.
- Ensure that production delays are kept to a minimum.
- Track and interpret the key performance indicators in inventory management and production.
- Establish the optimal stock and “safe ” stock levels given your understanding of our supply needs with input from other team members.
- Review sales forecasts and understand order fluctuations that will affect lead times and back order.
- Work with multiple departments with a common objective of maximising sales and the customer experience.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure smooth and timely delivery of product from our overseas factory to stores.
- Establish strong working relationships with cross functional teams to ensure product success.
Staff and Workplace Development
- Manage small administrative activities relating to the project.
- Assist in recruiting when required.
- Good analytical and system skills; organised and good in systemic thinking and translating activities into logical process steps.
- Good capability to prioritise and focus on deliverables.
- Comfortable with a team-based work structure; able to remain flexible within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Able to travel as required including up to 3 - 4 trips per year for an extended duration.
- A sound understanding of production practices and experience in project management.
- Degree level education essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of software and/or methodologies of Quickbase, Tableau, Wrike is an asset.
As a member of the team you will be eligible for a generous discount across all stores. Your development is important to us. You will be part of an ongoing training and development program tailored to your needs.
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org