Established Designer required
Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. We are dedicated to bringing high quality vintage garments and accessories to our fashion forward customers. “Beyond Retro Label” is our own range of clothing and accessories designed in London and manufactured in our factory in India.
Taking an innovative and ethical approach to manufacturing, Beyond Retro Label is about completely deconstructing and reworking original vintage garments on a mass scale. We currently produce a high volume of units per month in our own factory with plans to expand our production in the coming year.
This is a unique manufacturing process that requires an innovative designer with solid technical skills and a pioneering spirit. You will work with our Design Team and Production Manager to design, and execute on the technical development processes, thus ensuring that our products adhere to our quality standards and maintain our brand values.
- Develop and present seasonal trends to management and key team members
- Create and brief detailed spec packs with sketches/measurements for all apparel and bag skus to our factory
- Provide technical notes and support to our factory for all garment fits and bag samples from concept to gold seal
- Contribute towards the development and planning of seasonal strategy
- Work with Raw Material Coordinator to ensure volumes of existing used garments are available to be be reworked to new designs
- Help manage the critical path alongside Production Manager to ensure all deadlines are met in accordance to key business KPIs
- Present sign off meetings to management alongside Production Manager
- Undertake regular comp shops and stores visits to identify emerging trends and also identify potential QC issues or minor changes that could be made to improve overall quality
- Develop fit standards that ensure size, grading, construction and fit consistency for all gold sealed items
- Involved within product engineering to maximise quality and collaborate with Production to achieve the required margin targets.
- Daily communications with our Factory and Product Development Team on quality. Trouble shooting and contribute to quality issue resolving
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst ensuring designs are commercially viable
- Traveling to international factories and store visits throughout the year
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Apparel Design
- +2 years experience in apparel manufacturing and product development ideally for both men’s and women's clothing
- Technical knowledge on bags (design, specs, fits) is highly advantageous
- Thorough understanding of garment construction and deconstruction
- Experience with technical specifications and technical drawings using Adobe Illustrator, CAD and/or Photoshop
- Open minded and ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong fashion aptitude with an eye for detail and a passion for vintage clothing
- The ability to analyse fashion and textile trends combined with an excellent market awareness
- An ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-starter personality; driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to travel as required including up to 4-6 trips per year for extended duration to Asia and North America
Please forward your CV and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com