3 month internship - Design Development Assistant
Are you a fashion DIY expert? Do you make your own clothes?
We are looking for someone to explore their creative talents and join our team for a 3 month paid internship. This is a fantastic opportunity to embrace your creativity and use your understanding of Vintage clothing, materials and the Beyond Retro customer for our Label Collection. You will work at Penn st with the team to gain an excellent understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Label Design Development department.
About the internship...
- Design & Research
- A fearless creative who can inspire us and propose new ideas and designs from Vintage, trends and Street style.
- Gain experience in analysing data, interpreting Sales and sell through reports.
- Research our customer in store to further understand their style.
- Research the Vintage market, customers and competitors.
- Assist the team to create a rail of key shapes, designs in each category, bags, shirts, sweatshirts etc to present to the team based on identifying the appeal to our customer alongside the trends.
- Assisting technical Designer in the UK design team to understand Specs.
Fit and Quality Control
- Gain experience and become familiar with the Spec files to ensure all styles are followed according to the spec sheet in the spec pack. Work alongside Designer on garment fittings and measurements of the samples received.
- Sampling & Production
- Understand the ways of working, processes and communication in head office and our team in India.
- Ensure weekly store timetable is fully staffed before working from Penn Street.
- Flexibility to change the Penn St working days dependent on first priority of staffing the shop floor.
- Design / Creative Education or background.
- Inspired to work off your own initiative.
- Illustrator and Excel experienced.
- Experience of working Domestic and Industrial Sewing machine.
Work alongside other departments such as Vintage, New Product, Press, Ecom and Archive to learn other aspects of the business.
If you’re excited about being part of a growing a sustainable alternative to fast fashion, and want to make a significant impact on the circular economy then please send us your C.V. plus cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org