Assistant Production & Warehouse Manager
We are on the hunt for an Assistant Production and warehouse manager to join our team in our central London Warehouse in N1.
We are home to a passionate all-star team of vintage and fashion experts committed to recycling while delivering a one-of-a-kind experience to our fashion-forward customers across Sweden, UK and globally with beyondretro.com. We offer a unique career path defined by creativity and paved with exciting, original fashion sourced from around the world.
Great people skills? Love a spreadsheet? Good at Tetris? As the Assistant Production & Warehouse Manager you will work with the Production and Warehousing Manager to run an efficient fast paced production warehouse for our retail stores. You will have significant influence and autonomy in utilising calm and practical logic to help run a smooth production processes to bring product to our stores. You’ll problem solve, maximise space and maintain accurate records of product in and out of our high energy East London Warehouse. This is an excellent platform for anyone looking to gain experience in logistics, inventory management and the intricacies of managing operations and a warehouse team. We have big plans to expand and would like someone eager for career progression to grow with us on this journey.
Responsibilities and specific duties:
- Assist the Manager in the day to day efficient running of the warehouse
- Reconcile inbound and outbound deliveries
- Attend Backstock meetings to communicate product levels to Store Managers and the Product Allocator.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager to ensure the store’s orders are filled
- Along with the Warehouse Manager and Head Pricer promote a happy and productive environment
- Assist with warehouse duties such as hanging, boxing and tagging clothing
- Help train staff on correct and efficient procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe and positive work environment
- Occasionally work ad hoc assisting different departments off site and across our different locations, including our famous Garage Sales!
Who will you work with?
Every single person at Beyond Retro plays a big role in our culture and future aspirations. You will report to the Warehouse & Production Manager, collaborating to achieve company goals. You will also work alongside the Head Pricer to ensure production deadlines are met. You will have frequent communication with UK Store Managers and Heads of Departments and our Ottawa allocation and logistics team.
Working at Beyond Retro...
- Partake in workshops to grow your skills and learn new ways of working
- Opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a business dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- 50% discount across all BR stores
- Experience in a warehouse or busy retail backstock at supervisor level or above
- You know how to get the best out of people in your team
- Thrive completing tasks with accuracy and patience
- Your friends would describe you as practical and factual, someone who notices details
- You would like to join a team of creative like minded people
- Looking for career progression within a fast growing and fun company
- You would like to make a positive and significant impact on the fashion landscape with a sustainable brand.
Deadline for applications is the 13th September 2019.
Send your C.V. plus cover letter outlining: Why you would be suitable for the role plus your soonest available start date to; email@example.com
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.