Beyond Retro UK - UK Communications and Marketing Manager
Welcome to Beyond Retro! We are home to a passionate all-star team of vintage and fashion experts committed to
recycling while delivering a one-of-a-kind experience to our fashion-forward customers across Sweden, UK and
globally with beyondretro.com. We offer a unique career path defined by creativity and paved with exciting, original
fashion sourced from around the world.
At Beyond Retro, we believe that encouraging you to be your authentic self makes us better. We embrace equal
opportunities for all employees. We know that our people are our best asset and we will continue to build and foster
an environment that allows our people to feel included, valued and heard. We are committed to constructing and
supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and
encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
UK Communications and Marketing Manager is an excellent story teller, responsible for designing and delivering
internal and external marketing and communication strategies across Beyond Retro and BVH Services retail
division. They collaborate with marketing and communication teams across our group of businesses to develop
strategies for engaging with customers, press, influencers and B2B and our own people. They will work with a small
team to bring a new sustainable brand to market while continuing to support and promote Beyond Retro.
Reporting to: Global Marketing Director
● Design and deliver a content, comms and event calendar for all marketing and retail teams to follow.
● Plan and manage end to end campaigns and events that actively support the trade calendar and our brand
● Work closely with the buying team to deliver campaigns that support our unique product lines.
● Collaborate with the eCommerce team to design, manage and deliver engaging content.
● Collaborate with the Sweden marketing team to ensure a consistent and compelling brand identity and
tone of voice is reflected across all touchpoints.
● Devise influencer strategies and grow and foster a community of brand advocates and ambassadors.
● Manage relationships with media outlets and journalists.
● Develop materials to educate staff on sustainability communication practices.
● Consult with executive management to develop effective communication procedures and policies for
various situations or crises.
● Manage, develop and grow the Press & Marketing Assistant.
● Be an advocate and ambassador both internally and externally for the brand and company.
● Strong generalist PR & Marketing experience.
● Have a flair for creating and delivering engaging marketing collateral that tell our amazing stories to
customers and B2B.
● You will be an all rounder well versed in fashion, sustainability and positive activism as all three form an
important part of our brand. You will be a self educator staying ahead of the curve on best practices for
communication and brand voice.
● In-depth knowledge and experience in business correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing
and sales copy and social media.
● Digital Marketing & Google analytics experience preferred.
● Ability to effectively engage and collaborate with team members of all levels and across all departments.
● Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking and
● Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
● Leadership abilities, including training and mentorship.
● A good human who cares about their peers :)
What we can offer you:
● Career development opportunities
● Discounted retail benefits
● An excellent EAP program
● Wellness benefits
● A chance to help the planet
● 50% discount in stores
● Flexible working hours / Hybrid working - up to 80% working from home available