Sustainable Fashion Designer
Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. We are dedicated to bringing high quality vintage garments and bags to our fashion forward customers and beyond.
“Beyond Retro Label” is crafted from reclaimed materials, this growing line of apparel and accessories aligns our passion for original design with a mounting concern for declining global resources.
Taking an innovative and ethical approach to manufacturing, the Beyond Retro Label is about completely deconstructing and reworking original vintage garments on a mass scale. We currently produce a high volume of units per month in our own factory with plans to expand our production in the coming year.
This is a unique manufacturing process that requires an innovative designer with solid technical skills and a pioneering spirit. You will work with our Production Manager and to design, and execute on the technical development process ensuring that our products adhere to our quality standards and maintain our brand values.
You will be expected to...
- Build close work relationships with the Label team allowing for a collaborative approach to design
- Develop and present seasonal trends to management and key team members
- Create and brief detailed spec packs with sketches/measurements for all apparel and bag for our factory
- Provide technical notes and support to our factory for all garment fits and bag samples from concept to gold seal
- Contribute towards the development and planning of seasonal strategy
- Work with Raw Material Coordinator to ensure volumes of existing used garments are available to be be reworked to new designs
- Help manage the critical path alongside Production Manager to ensure all deadlines are met in accordance to key business KPIs
- Present sign off meetings to management alongside Production Manager
- Undertake regular comp shops and stores visits to identify emerging trends and also identify potential QC issues or minor changes that could be made to improve overall quality.
- Develop fit standards that ensure size, grading, construction and fit consistency for all gold sealed items
- Be involved within product engineering to maximise quality and collaborate with Production to achieve the required margin targets.
- Have excellent daily communications with our Factory and Product Development Team
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst ensuring designs are commercially viable
Working at Beyond Retro...
- Partake in workshops to grow skills and develop your personal brand
- Opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a business dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- 50% discount across all Beyond Retro stores
- Degree in Apparel Design
- Experience in apparel manufacturing and product development ideally for both men and women’s clothing.
- Experience with technical specifications and technical drawings using Adobe Illustrator, CAD and/or Photoshop
- Strong fashion aptitude with an eye for detail
- The ability to analyse fashion and textile trends combined with an excellent market awareness
- An ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced, team environment
- Self- starter personality; driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to travel as required including up to 4-6 trips per year for extended duration to Asia and North America
If you’re excited about being part of a growing a sustainable alternative to fast fashion, and want to make a significant impact on the circular economy then please send us your C.V. plus cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org