PRESS, MARKETING & SEO EXECUTIVE
Reporting to: Ecommerce Manager & Press, Marketing & Events Manager
FT/PT: Full time
Location: Hoxton & Shoreditch, London
We are looking for a Press, Marketing & SEO executive to join our team.
Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in the United Kingdom, Sweden and online. We are committed recyclers dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage clothing to our fashion forward customers in our unique large scale stores and online. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
BE PART OF THE TEAM…
You will be joining a unique creative hub. You will work closely with the Ecommerce Manager and the Press, Marketing & Events Manager to ensure the brand is strongly and consistently represented offline and online across multiple communication channels.
Your time will be split between our central london (N1) head office, which is located under the same roof as the Buying, Press, Ecommerce and Design departments, and our press office in flagship store off Brick Lane (E2), meaning you’ll be able to contribute to all areas of the company.
You will have a passion for comms, and delve into the world of ecommerce, brand strategy, marketing and PR to help us communicate our unique vintage story.
You will be trained in SEO and will work alongside our SEO agency to support with category creation and on-site technical SEO; including meta-data optimisation and URL management. You will write SEO copy for all areas of the website plus you’ll create content for all our marketing touchpoints including all social media channels and our blog.
Copywriting skills and visual content experience is highly desired to help create content to engage a broad range of customers. You’ll be trained on our brand strategy, learning how to channel the correct tone, style and visuals to engage different audiences across a wide spectrum of marketing touchpoints.
You will need a keen eye for trends, a passion for vintage and natural aptitude for styling. You’ll work with the press loans department, working closely with stylists to secure coverage in influential print and online publications and ensuring Beyond Retro product is shown in the best light. We are looking for an organised person with creative flair, who can organise the press loans system independently when needed, handling remote styling call ins from magazines as well as administrative elements such as managing returns to dealing with a multitude of press enquiries.
You’ll also be trained in key PR skills such as pitching stories to press, reaching out to influencers and analysing marketing trends. You will be part of the larger press and marketing team, and you’ll be encouraged to contribute your ideas and insights. You’ll help identify, target and reach out to press and influencers to help shape and promote our brand. You’ll also be asked to help maintain ongoing blogger and press relations, as well as researching to support Beyond Retro’s global press strategy.
The role also includes involvement in Beyond Retro’s events, including contributing to the creative concepts, helping to establish collaborations, and logistical support leading up to in-store and off site events, as well as on the day assistance.
- Ensure consistency of creative/brand message across multiple platforms and regions.
- Create content appropriate to different channels, appealing to different customer types and aesthetic preferences, whilst maintaining cohesive brand identity and tone.
- Continue to build the brands’ creative reputation through developing engaging content.
- Support stylist relations to secure coverage including liaising with stylists and press, booking and managing press loans.
- Assist with influencer outreach relations
- Assist with event organisation and management
- Research international marketing trends to contribute to global press strategy
- Work under the guidance of the Ecommerce Manager and SEO Agency to improve on-site SEO.
WORKING AT BEYOND RETRO…
- You will be eligible for a 50% discount in stores
- Have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company dedicated to providing a sustainable solution to fast fashion.
- Be able to develop your skills with workshops provided by our in-house Learning & Development Manager
- You want to make a positive and significant impact on the fashion landscape with a sustainable brand.
- A team player
- A confident communicator
- Ideally have a basic understanding of SEO
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders with tight timelines.
- A problem solver
- An expert in fashion trends, with a wide frame of cultural reference
- A wordsmith who can write for a broad range of platforms, learning new SEO skills and strategies to feed into their copy.
- Ability to produce quick turn-around projects and happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Aware of emerging marketing trends and how they can be utilized for Beyond Retro.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diplomatic and forthcoming with ideas.
There has not been a better time to join our team as we are on the eve of expansion in the UK and Europe. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you would be suitable for the role.