Beyond Retro Finland - Visual Merchandiser
Shopping Centre Forum - Mannerheimintie 20, 00100 Helsinki
Welcome to Beyond Retro! We are home to a passionate all-star team of vintage and fashion experts committed to
recycling while delivering a one-of-a-kind experience to our fashion-forward customers across Sweden, UK and globally
with beyondretro.com. We offer a unique career path defined by creativity and paved with exciting, original fashion
sourced from around the world.
At Beyond Retro, we believe that encouraging you to be your authentic self makes us better. We embrace equal
opportunities for all employees. We know that our people are our best asset and we will continue to build and foster an
environment that allows our people to feel included, valued and heard. We are committed to constructing and
supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and
encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
The VM role in a Beyond Retro store has enormous creative freedom. The store is the stage for you to tell the
Beyond Retro story. However, alongside all this creativity, you also uphold excellent merchandising standards that
combined with great visuals help drive the sales in store.
As innovative and creative thinkers, you use your skills in visual design and space utilization to create exciting visual
theatre in window displays, tabletops, counters, and in-store displays. While you work within the guidelines and themes
set by the Head VM, the role has great autonomy - you have the opportunity every day to show your visual flair.
You work alongside the management team and the Head VM to maintain the store and drive sales. As a responsible
member of the team you may have key-holding duties and are expected to assist with end-of-day Z-outs,opening and
closing procedures, and supporting the occasional customer with sales service.
The role often requires working early morning starts to ensure displays are changed safely out of hours.
● Promote Beyond Retro’s purpose to find Innovative and relevant solutions for the crisis of stuff!
● Be responsible for the Visual Merchandising of your own store and assist in other stores as required,
particularly during theme change overs.
● Proactively drive sales through innovative display and exceptional retail standards.
● Conduct weekly analysis of sales and placement with your management team.
● Assist in training sales staff in Commercial Standards.
● Ensure displays are safe and secure.
● Work with Store Managers in optimising in-store space and floor layout.
● Build prop and display pieces
● Carry out comparison shops’ to maintain awareness of other retailers’ visual merchandising concepts and
● Assist with all promotional activity.
● Assist customers with sales (they are always our priority!)
● Any other reasonable tasks as required by management to help with the smooth running of the store
● Minimum 2 years relevant VM fashion retail experience preferred
● Applicable experience in vintage fashion preferred
● An ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced, team environment
● Good organizational skills with ability to identify and follow through on priorities
● Self-motivated, flexible, very organized, detail-oriented, a strong problem solver
● Excellent visual organization skills
● A good human who cares about their peers: )
What we can offer you:
● Career development opportunities
● Perk program
● Discounted retail benefits
● An excellent EAP program
● Wellness benefits
● Sick pay
● A chance to help the planet