The Bank and Vogue group of companies is a family-based business with it’s global headquarters located in Ottawa, Canada. The group of companies is dedicated to the recycling of used consumer goods around the world. Bank and Vogue is one of North America’s largest sourcing agents in the used and vintage clothing market. In addition to sourcing products across North America, we work with suppliers around the world to source products for our retail chain (Beyond Retro) in Europe. Our mission is to find relevant and innovative solutions for the “crisis of stuff”. We bring the circular economy to life by offering a second life for garments otherwise destined to landfill. Our Bank and Vogue Holdings Services Division is our innovation hub, focused on developing partnerships to push the potential of used clothing, offering unique solutions to make fashion more circular and enact lasting change in the industry.
At our Bank & Vogue group of companies, we believe that encouraging you to be your authentic self makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We know that our people are our best asset and we will continue to build and foster an environment that allows our people to feel included, valued and heard. We are committed to constructing and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
For this remote UK-based Account Management role, we are looking for an energetic, keen, and well-organized individual to support the growth and development of our Account Management Program, with a focus on purchasing used goods in the European marketplace and selling to customers located in many global markets. The Account Manager will also be engaged in qualifying and nurturing new inbound and outbound leads through multiple connection points as we look for more global buyers and suppliers. They will continuously build and maintain a dynamic account list. They will support their suppliers (many of whom are charities and organizations that fund local community efforts and the vulnerable) and their customers by organizing the logistics and transportation of repurposed goods around the globe.
Reporting to the Sales Director, responsibilities include:
● Prospecting leads. Filtering and qualifying such leads, resulting in conversion to an account.
● Building new business relationships and developing industry contacts.
● Retaining existing customers and suppliers by delivering excellent support and service.
● Building and maintaining data using our online CRM tool to track all activities.
● Negotiating with suppliers to purchase goods for resale.
● Engaging with customers in order to transact sales.
● Collaborating with freight forwarders to arrange logistics, and managing transport of goods on behalf of customers and suppliers.
● Participating and contributing to the knowledge sharing and development of the Account Management team through the Account Manager mentorship program.
● Visiting key accounts in markets globally 2-4 times per year in order to maintain strong relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
● Will possess international logistics expertise.
● Proven customer service skills. Excelling at building and maintaining relationships with accounts over a distance, electronically and by phone.
● Proficiency in other languages is of considerable value.
● Experienced negotiator with exceptional problem-solving skills .
● Excellent organizational and analytical skills, as well as a keen attention to detail.
● Ability to collaborate with a team, as well as work independently, in order to meet customer and supplier needs.
● Ability to show initiative and to proactively set & adjust priorities as needs change.
● Strong computer skills and experience with the Google suite of products.
● Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM - Suite) systems is a valuable asset