Technical Designer – Fashion Industry
Beyond Retro is currently looking for Technical Designer to manage our Beyond Retro Label line of trend-led, vintage inspired clothing and accessories. This exciting opportunity is based in London and also requires travel to our Asian-based manufacturing facility.
Beyond Retro Label is about creating new designs by completely deconstructing and then reworking or modifying original garments into new innovative designs, While sustainability is inherent to our brand; above all, we are looking for someone to help bring to life vintage inspired on-trend pieces that complement our existing vintage product. Our Beyond Retro Label line also fulfils product demand that we are unable to find in our existing vintage supply.
Working as part of our Product Team, you will develop company product ideas, create garment specifications, fit garments, build good relationships with factories and advise the team of the business on all quality issues. You will be a critical contributor to the smooth process from design, sampling, production and display to shop floors.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Create initial designs and technical packs from scratch - communicating design ideas and managing all aspects of the sampling stage
• Managing the critical path of every item from concept to completion of samples including the preparation of technical specification sheets.
• Manage the collection of raw materials to ensure the right textiles are collected and utilised in the designs
• Developing detailed technical drawings such as proportion sizes of pockets, darts, pleats, slide fasteners, buttons, seams, tags, trimming and other information used in the make-up of the garment pattern and sample in both cover sheet and tech drawings for packs to makers. This may also include the sourcing and selecting of trims and linings. You will also be responsible for all updates to the technical specifications
• Daily communications with our Manufacturer on quality control of samples and production items
• Ensuring samples meet the technical verification as required and the fit is appropriate for our customers
• Confirming order quantities, selling prices and obtaining approval prior to full production
• During Production, ensuring the setup and implementation of quality control standards
• Liaising with the Management Team to ensure smooth and timely delivery of product from our overseas factory to stores
• Producing and presenting a monthly summary of goals and new ideas
• Being responsible for project deadlines and production
• Traveling to factories internationally throughout the year
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong fashion aptitude with an eye for detail and a passion for vintage clothing
• The ability to analyse fashion and textile trends combined with an excellent market awareness
• Knowledge of garment construction for both men and women’s clothing
• Experience in the creation of technical drawings using Adobe Illustrator, CAD and/or Photoshop
• An ability to work co-operatively in a fast paced, team environment
• Good organizational skills with ability to identify and follow through on priorities
• Intermediate Excel skills
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, plus your salary expectations to email@example.com