PR & Marketing Co-ordinator
Beyond Retro is looking for a Public Relations, Marketing and Events Coordinator to lead the strategic development, execution and management of the PR & Events strategy to raise the profile of the brand and drive traffic to the stores.
Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in the United Kingdom, Sweden and online. We are dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage garments and accessories to our fashion forward customers in our unique large foot print stores and online. Our aim is to be a leader in building a fashion community that celebrates uniqueness – from our product, to our customers, to our stores and our employees.
Split between the company’s Central London Head Office & Brick Lane press loans office, the PR & Event Coordinator will be responsible for managing all in-store marketing events and campaigns as well as press and public relations. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will need to enjoy working collaboratively within a small creative team as this role will work closely with the Social Media Coordinator, Creative Content Coordinator, eCommerce Manager and Sweden Press Manager. You will also manage a full time press assistant based in the press loans office.
Strategy & Planning
- Define and implement annual instore marketing strategy and quarterly planning updates for all Marketing and Press activity and campaigns for the brick and mortar stores. This includes establishing the budget, analysis of outcomes and ROI assessment.
Brand and Campaign Development
- Produce fresh and innovative marketing campaigns in order to strengthen the brand and drive traffic to all brick and mortar properties, maximizing multi channel exposure. Overseeing the implementation of the annual brick & mortar marketing plan including new store openings, in-store events and key brand and sponsorship initiatives.
- Along side the Ecommerce Manager you will also be responsible for Co-developing multi channel campaigns and implementing these across the brick & mortar stores in conjunction with online marketing activity.
- Liaising with the buying and inhouse design team to identify and facilitate upcoming product launches.
Public Relations and Press
- Develop the strategy and day to day execution of content required for building Press across multiple channels. This will involve liaising with Press in the UK and overseas, overseeing the management of the blogger network, securing product placement, creating press releases, developing and managing media relationships, monitoring and reporting on competitor activity. This will include the management of the overall PR Centralised Calendar.
- Creating inspirational and sharable content including content for Beyond Retro blogs, magazines, newspapers,Look Books, brochures and website content in cooperation with the E Commerce Manager and Social Media Coordinator. Managing content contribution from in house experts as well as external content contributors.
- Liaising with the Creative Content Coordinator to ensure you have suitable press shots for promotions and press releases.
- Facilitating the seeding out of sharable content to online and print publishers
- Create customer facing activities that are effective, fun and deliver measurable results.
- Collaborate with store managers to promote stores in an unconventional and cost effective manner in order to establish direct contact with the customers and drive traffic to the stores. This includes street marketing and local community and retailer collaborations.
- Oversee the press loans department located at our Cheshire Street store and grow our long-term relationship with the Stylist community. Ensuring all loans provide maximum exposure and tailoring loans to target specific growth areas.
- Assess, reconcile, plan costs and advise on annual budgets. Analyse and review past performance of programs and promotions including press analysis for team meetings and monthly reporting requirements
- Creative, self-motivated, well organised
- Flexible working hours and able to work well under pressure
- Communicate well both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Experience in gaining Press exposure for a fashion/retail brand
Content Creation and Management
Managing the Press Loans
Budget Control, Performance Analysis and Reporting
You will be required to travel regularly to other Beyond Retro locations.If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, plus your salary expectations to email@example.com