Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. We are dedicated to bringing high quality vintage garments and accessories to our fashion forward customers. “Beyond Retro Label” is our own range of clothing and accessories designed in London and manufactured in our factory in India.
Taking an innovative and ethical approach to manufacturing, the Beyond Retro Label is about completely deconstructing and reworking original vintage garments. on a mass scale. We currently produce a high volume of units per month in our own factory with plans to expand our production in the coming year.
This is a unique manufacturing process that requires an innovative designer with solid technical skills and a pioneering spirit. You will work with our Design Team and Product Development Manager to design, and execute on the technical development process ensuring that our products adhere to our quality standards and maintain our brand values.
- Work with Raw Material Coordinator to ensure volumes of existing used garments are available to be be reworked to new designs.
- Create initial designs by collaborating design ideas with key team members
- Creating tech packs with design detailed sketches and garment specifications
- Work with product development to meet deadlines for creating designs
- Creating the prototype to approving pre productions. Being involved in all fit sessions from
- Prototype to Pre-Production to ensure the design and fit is executed correctly
- Develop fit standards that ensure size, grading, construction and fit consistency
- Involved within product engineering to maximise quality and collaborate with Production to achieve the required margin targets.
- Daily communications with our Factory and Product Development Team on quality. Troubleshooting and contribute to quality issue resolving
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst ensuring designs are commercially viable
- Research benchmarks with on trends products,update any changes on fit and construction standards
- Predict and plan for overcoming roadblocks and challenges as they occur at the development stage
- Traveling to international factories throughout the year
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Apparel Design
- Experience in apparel manufacturing and product development ideally for both men and women's clothing
- Experience with technical specifications and technical drawings using Adobe Illustrator, CAD and/or Photoshop
- Strong fashion aptitude with an eye for detail and a passion for vintage clothing
- The ability to analyse fashion and textile trends combined with an excellent market awareness
- An ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-starter personality; driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to travel as required including up to 4-6 trips per year for extended duration to Asia and North America
Please send your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org