We have an exciting opportunity for a Buying Manager
Beyond Retro is the leading Vintage and Retro Clothing Chain in the UK and Sweden. Beyond Retro is dedicated to bringing high quality, fantastic vintage garments and accessories to its fashion forward, savvy customers. Our aim is to be a leader in building a global vintage community – not just a place to shop, but a place of knowledge and expertise about vintage fashion history, fabric and trends.
We are seeking a Buying Manager whose main responsibility will be to deliver a multi-channel product strategy across Beyond Retro’s three main product lines, vintage, in house label and bought in product. An emphasis will be placed on expanding our business in bought in categories including apparel, footwear and accessories. The successful candidate will have buying and team management experience in a relevant fashion apparel domain.
If this job suits your experience and you are self-motivated, flexible, very organized, detail-oriented, a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure – we would like to talk to you about this opportunity. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on teamwork to deliver great product and customer experiences.
Based in N1, London, the Buying Manager will be responsible for:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Vintage, in house label and bought in product teams to create a commercial range true to the Beyond Retro brand and inline with customers expectations
- Selecting product that is right for the customer and brand, maintaining competitor awareness and continuous sourcing to ensure we remain on trend and ahead of the competition
- Evaluate market, sales history and customer information together with forward trends to develop the commercial strategy
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the Merchandiser that achieve sales and profit targets
- Working effectively with the supply chain and merchandising teams to ensure that the right quantities of product are available at all times; ensuring that all sales opportunities are maximised
- Consistent improvement in margin control year on year through continued control of markdown and promotional activity, whilst working at limiting and managing terminal stocks
- Manage critical path to deliver product in-store on time
- Negotiate product, price, margin and terms of sale with a view of securing the most competitive deals.
- Monitor performance of the brand against plan, proposing appropriate action to maximise sales and profit.
- Directing merchandising group to ensure all displays are in line with company branding and visual merchandising standards guide
- Coordinate training materials and information to keep our staff knowledgeable on trends and vintage product
The Ideal Candidate:
Educated to degree level or equivalent you will currently be operating in a position of a Buying Manager or Senior Buyer with a strong track record of sales and profit growth. An accomplished manager you will be able to demonstrate excellent people management skills gained at a senior level for a leading retailer. Possess both a commercial and creative mindset, with the ability to talk about product from both a creative and analytical view point.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a covering letter, plus your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org